Some of the areas Andrea enjoys working with include life transitions, anxiety, depression, healing past trauma, self-esteem, grief and loss, and the perinatal period. She works in a client-centred way, integrating trauma-informed EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and Attachment-Focused EMDR, Interpersonal Therapy, CBT, ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), Emotionally Focused Therapy, Schema Therapy, and Mindfulness.
Pregnancy & Post-Natal
Grief & Loss
Andrea’s tips for Grounding & Countering Anxiety
- “The first step is to check in with yourself often, with curiosity. This helps to foster a mindful awareness of ourselves that increases with practice. Notice how you feel in your body – is there tightness, tension, shallow breathing? What do you notice happening in your mind right now? Are your thoughts busy, stressed?
- Stop what you’re doing and put one hand on your belly, and one on your chest. Notice the feeling of that pressure against your body. Take 5-10 long, slow, comfortable breaths, focusing as you do on the feeling of your hand over your belly rising with your inhale, and falling with your exhale
- Let out a few loud sighs as you exhale, or a humming noise (this stimulates the vagus nerve which has a calming effect on the body)
- Bring your awareness to the feeling of your body in space right now (sitting on a chair, feet pressed into the ground). Notice the things you can hear, smell, taste, see and feel. Connect to your 5 senses.
- Re-engage with the world, with intention.”
Outside the therapy room
“As a mother of a boisterous two-year-old, we love spending time outdoors gardening in our backyard, playing at the beach, and going on bushwalks with the dogs. When I get moments to myself, I love practicing yoga, eating chocolate, binge-watching Netflix series, and meditating in my hammock chair out back – life is about balance right?”
My therapy song…
This is my go to song / mantra for when I need to slow down, centre myself, and feel ready to engage fully with the world around me. I generally sit and meditate with this song playing and feel renewed after a short time.
DEVI PRAYER – Craig Pruess & Ananda
Book your Session with Andrea
Standard Fee is $295
($129.55 Medicare Rebate available*)
Out-of-pocket is $165.45
Mon, Tues, Wed
* The Medicare rebate is available to clients under the Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative.