Sexuality & Gender
Graces’s tips for managing distressing emotions
- “A – acknowledge the thoughts and feelings you are experiencing. It is normal and reasonable to experience these things, it is part of being a human being
- C – connect with your body: touch your fingertips together, stretch out your arms, press your feet firmly into the floor, arch your back
- E – engage with your environment:
- What are 5 things you can see in a particular colour?
- What are 4 things that you can touch/feel?
- What are 3 things you can hear?
- What are 2 things you can taste?
- What is 1 thing you can smell?
Repeat this entire exercise as many times as necessary for 5-10 minutes, then get back to doing what is important to you. Pro-tip: do not skip ‘A’!”
Outside the therapy room
“When I’m not working, you will find me near water, wearing my headphones, or checking out live bands at the iconic Enmore Theatre.”