Get to know Eunice
Eunice is a Psychotherapist & Counsellor who will connect vulnerably and authentically with you, and will cultivate curiosity within the therapy room. As a therapist of Asian heritage, she understands the cultural taboos that are usually unspoken within many Asian and diverse non-Western cultures. Eunice is passionate in supporting you with the struggle to manage the tension being culture and your own individuality.
“If you aim at nothing, you will hit nothing.”
– SHANG CHI MOVIE
Eunice experienced a sports injury that prevented her from working out, which was always her biggest coping mechanism. Following that, she was devastated and felt as if a part of her identity was stripped away. Finally she started to accept it for what it was, and directed her focus to things she could do, and learnt to let go of things that were outside of her control.
She believes that once you can identify what is holding you back from reaching your full potential, you can begin to transmute these fears and experiment with small changes in your life to help you achieve where you want to go.
This made her familiar with the lived experience of loss and hopelessness, as well as the usefulness of tools found in therapeutic styles such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy.
Eunice’s Tips For Dealing With The Inner Critic
Developing your identity and living an authentic life that is meaningful to you is an ongoing process. It’s also different for every single person on the planet, which means we may need to do some discovery and pivoting to figure out what our unique brand of fulfilment looks like.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are some questions you may want to ponder through the act of journaling, discussing with a supportive person in your life or maybe through some artistic expression.
- What are my non-negotiable values in life?
- What would it feel like to live these out every day/week/month? (Creative expression could be really useful for this question! eg. painting, music)
- Rank where they are in your life right now. Is there too much other stuff getting in the way?
- Is this ok for now given my current priorities/circumstances? Is there anything in my power to shuffle to make more fulfilling/exciting?
- What can I do short, medium, long-term to go towards these core beliefs/values/goals?
My therapy song…
THE MELODY OF SUNSHINE – One Republic
“…it gives me drive to do better. Makes a hell of a running song too!