Is anxiety kicking your ass? It can be draining and exhausting – living in a constant state of unease. And the cruel joke is, the more we struggle against it, the tighter its grasp over us becomes. Once we familiarise ourselves with our anxiety, we can start to relate to it differently. And by developing a new, curious and non-impulsive relationship with anxiety, we can start to take our life back.
In this 2 hour workshop, you’ll learn about what factors might be contributing to your own anxiety, and begin developing useful insight into your behaviours and thoughts. Led Rashida Dungarwalla , you’ll be armed with a range of strategies to help you manage your anxiety by identifying your triggers, dealing with your self-critic and training that negative little voice in your head to become more self-compassionate.
This workshop will suit you if
- You are feeling overwhelmed or stressed
- You are wanting simple strategies to be calmer and less reactive
- You feel anxiety controls your life
- You are looking for a more holistic approach to anxiety
- You are overcome by panic attacks
- You find social situations terrifying or struggle with social anxiety
What you will learn
- What is anxiety?
- Recognising your inner critic
- Identifying triggers
- Using thinking techniques to deal with anxiety
- Building self compassion and acceptance
Rashida is a Registered Psychologist who works holistically and collaboratively with her clients, supporting them in reaching their goals, navigating through difficult emotions and making sense of their struggles.
The Important Stuff
|DATE:||Thurs 28th Nov|
|TIME:||7pm – 9pm|
|LOCATION:||33 Foster Street, Surry Hills|